Voice search is a technology that allows you to search the internet using spoken words rather than typing. It is becoming a popular and growing industry in the United States, with a market value of $1.8 billion.
Is South Africa’s market prepared for this?
This is a million-dollar question; the language diversity in accents can cause serious problems in the use of this technology, but that is just my opinion.
Voice search, ready or not, is where the digital marketing industry is headed because it provides a solution that is faster, more personal, and hands-free.
Why do we need to be prepared for voice search?
Voice searches are becoming more common in countries such as the United States and the United Kingdom. This is due to the fact that users prefer direct answers, and searches have long moved away from single term phrases, becoming more natural and conversational.
How Can You Optimize Your Website for Voice Search?
- Answering questions in a concise manner
- Creating pages that load quickly
- Keeping things simple
- Using colloquial terms
- The use of a map on the contact us page for “where to” related queries emphasizes locality.
The Advantages of Voice Search
- Improves local visibility by increasing website traffic
- More users are directed to your stores as a result of this.
- Improves user interaction
- Increases customer engagement High conversion and sales potential